The customer is a well-known auto part enterprise in eastern China that requires machine tending automation with 3D vision. The parts are irregular brake calipers, piled in layers in a bin, possibly tangled and slightly tilted. Also, the vision has to confirm the pose of the parts (the front is similar to the back).
• XYZ vision identifies the brake caliper in the bin and judges its pose, and guides the robot to pick and place it onto a processing station.
• XYZ vision guides the robot to remove the in-between layer and continue picking the parts until the bin is cleared.
• After the parts are processed, XYZ vision guides the robot to place the layers into the bin and load the processed parts onto the grooves of the layer.
• The robot keeps placing the parts or the layers until it finishes loading.
• XYZ-GX-L Camera, mounted on a sliding module, precisely identifies bins, tilted parts and black layers during the loading
• XYZ-SP-L Camera, mounted on a sliding module, precisely identifies bins and the grooves of the layers (precision: ±3 mm) during the unloading
• Address the difficulty of grabbing parts in the corner with no collision through motion planning
• The gripper switcher allows grabbing layers and parts of various types